Two new scarves and a new hat. Not to mention the ton of things I want to start with all my new malabrigo.
Here is one of the scarves. Karrie, Sarah and I went to this lovely knitting store when we were in Melbourne, Marta's Yarns. We met Marta and her husband, and they were lovely people. They hand dyed a bunch of lovely yarn as well, and if I had more room in my luggage, I totally would have bought a kilo to make a sweater.
I got some of this lovely two ply yarn, one ply variegated dark orange, one ply variegated silver purple. Not sure what fiber it is since it was listed just with a price and was in the bargain bin. Decided that I would try the Mom's lace pattern with it since I liked it some much for my mother's scarf. I did try to use larger needles to begin so the garter stitch bit was the same width as the lace bit but I am not sure I really succeeded. I started with 5mm needles and went down to 4.5 mm. Perhaps I can block it out. :)

I am not sure how I like how it is coming out. It might be prettier as a yarn than as a fabric. I was worried about that which is why I choose a lacey pattern. Might just be added to the pile of stuff I started but didn't like and was too lazy to unravel. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment