Saturday, March 10, 2007

No, I do not need a ball winder...

Went to Articlepract to check out the new Addi Turbo lace needles yesterday on my way back from the bank. I must say I wasn't really impressed with the new needles. They looked pretty, seemed light, but so not worth the extra dosh (the 6's were like $14). Rather stick with my old Boye's.

I did however make the mistake of looking at the Malabrigo yarns. I finally found the lastest reincarnation of the handpaintedyarn.com super bulky, the gruesa. They had one of my favorite colors damask rose so I got one of those. I also picked out a dark blue color, which I thought would coordinate well to make a stripe in the hat, that turn to be Paris night which I also loved. This was much darker than the color I used on my sister's scarf though. I also saw the dreaded butter color which I have so much of. Seriously, if anyone wants a skein of butter color gruesa, you can have it.

I then went over to the worsted weight malabrigo and got this lovely color, calypso which I thought was black until I put it into the light. I really want to make handwarmers out of it. Apparently I need to get alterknits which has a manos pattern for handwarmers.

As I was ringing up, the woman at the counter said we have a ball winder right over there. I said no, I don't need your ball winder I have my own.

And then I went home and went winding crazy. In addition to the three skeins I got from Article Pract I attacked not only my latest purchases but some yarn from my stash.

I wound the malabrigo I bought at stitches last year which I also think I am going to make into hand warmers. The malabrigo I got from my secret pal in the secret pal 9 swap I also wound which is going into top secret must never speak of project. I wound some of the dreaded butter. It is quite pretty, but seriously I can't wear yellow, and no one else I know does either. Must think about dyeing it. And finally I wound the last ball of the mango superbulky. I am going to make yet another hat. Not sure if I will change the pattern of Abby's or not yet for any of these hats, but I might. You may ask does any one person need 3 new super bulky hats. Probably not but I am going to make them anyway.

No comments: