Lovely color that didn't quite photograph right.
I got some of the soft 6 ply merino.
These colors are Paris Night and Dark Earth. I am still trying to decide if they would go well together in a scarf.

This is yarn I got for my sisters scarf. The color is called Thistle.

I also got a variety of their super bulky wool to make some hats out of. Abby has a great pattern that I am already using but that is for another post.
The colors I am not yet using are
sapphire Green (hat for my sister)

Olive

Burgundy

I am really liking knitting this super bulky yarn as it knits pretty fast which is good because I am a slow knitter. My plans for these are primarily hats and scarves. Pretty boring but well so am I.
In addition to the hand painted yarn, today I picked up my order from Knit Picks.
I got some more sierra to go with the stuff I traded Gen for at the yarn swap. The color is Mist and it is flanked by the cranberry I got form Gen.

Finally, the last yarn that I got in the mail I am really excited about. I am going to try the Boogie vest by Amy King from knitty.com http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/PATTboogie.html
I decided to do it in the Decadence yarn from knitpicks. This is 100% superfine 2 ply alpaca. Very soft. I got Winter Rose for the main body of the vest and plan to do the trim in Chocolate. As Karrie said, they are colors that I seem to be knitting a lot of this in lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment