
Don't let the picture fool you. I am not quite done. I haven't quite brought myself to sew these hats up yet.
The first one is in the color Damask Rose. I am not sure if I am going to keep it or to give it away as a gift.

Here is a detail shot.

The second one is the color sapphire Green. This one is a gift for my sister. I hope it fits.

Here is the detail.

I have two more skeins of this yarn. I am not sure if I am going to use the same pattern or improvise on the one that Abby gave me. I really like how the single knit just pops out so I might try one without cables and just single knits in a sea or purls or perhaps try a cable with just a single stitch switch and see what happens. The colors I haven't use yet are a lovely olive and a burgandy that pops (you can see a picture of the yarn below). Very exciting.
1 comment:
ohh those look nice! I seamed them using a mattress seam (the standard one that gets used most of the time) but with a smoother consitently sized yarn in a contrasting color. I wont be at knitting next week but someone else should be able to show you how that seam works. Its easy once you see it done... Did you end up with enough yarn? Hope they were fun to make!
Post a Comment