Saturday, April 01, 2006

Project 6: The Damask Rose Super Bulky Hat

That's right. I have finally started something that not a scarf.
This hat is a work in progress. I am using a pattern for a cabled hat that I got from Abby. The yarn is from handpaintedyarn.com and is the super bulky variety in the color Damask Rose.


I am using size 13 Boye interchangeable needles.
Here is a detail shot...


I really like how this is going. It is a great pattern, and I like not only how the cables are turning out but also how the single knit works as well. I am only 3.5 inches into a 6 inch section before I start decreasing. I am afraid that I am going to run out of yarn. Abby says though that one ball of this yarn should be just enough for one hat.

2 comments:

abmatic said...

Thats looking nice--how do you like knitting the cables?

rosebrier said...

The cables are fine. I have since finished this one and am on to my sisters hat. Well I sort have finished. I will bring it tonight. Not sure if it is really big enough.