
It was B's birthday last weekend and we had a knitting/guitar hero brunch to celebrate.
I made a special recipe that I got from Lis. Jimmy Dean's sweaty balls. Well Lis called them Sausage cheese balls but I like to call them sweaty balls to make her blush.
Sausage-Cheese Balls
3 cups Original Bisquick mix *
1 pound uncooked bulk pork sausage (we used regular, because they were out of low fat, but a ton of fat came off during cooking, so I think next time we'll try to get the low fat Jimmy Dean sausage)
4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (1 pound)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup milk (plus 1 or 2 Tablespoons more)
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled (we used fresh rosemary, finely chopped)
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (we omitted this)
1. Heat oven to 350 deg. Lightly grease a 15-by-10-by-1 inch pan (no need to grease if your pan is non-stick)
2. Stir together all ingredients until well mixed, using your hands if necessary. (if necessary to bring together add a splash more milk) Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until browned. Immediately remove from the pan. Serve warm. Makes ~50 balls.
This recipe is a great one to make ahead- go ahead and make the mix, form into balls up to a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate them, then cook as directed.
* I didn't have any bisquick on hand, so I used this "fake Bisquick" instead:
2 c. flour
1/4 c. dry milk powder
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
2 T sugar
5 T shortening
mix all ingredients except shortening, then cut in shortening until incorporated (consistency of fine gravel)
1 comment:
OMG those sweaty balls sound delicious!
Post a Comment