Well I have been spinning. Karrie let me use a very large bag of bright blue fiber (which I owe her some dosh for) as well as some wonderfully soft yellow fiber all for the famous stash of Sarah's grandmother. I have previously posted a picture of the yellow yarn. I had just a bit of one ply of yellow left over so I plied it with some of the blue yarn. Due to a little burp in winding up the single ply yellow blue strand, I ended up making a 3 ply blue-blue-yellow yarn, just about 6 yards of it. Not sure what to do with it. I also made about a 3.5 ounces of double ply blue yarn. It isn't very soft, but it might be okay once it is washed. 
Despite this largesse, Karrie and I went to Deep Color studios to check out the store. According to Karrie, they had switched some stuff around it was much easier to get around in. I thought it was great. All sorts of pretty colors of hand dyed roving. I decided however to go for the natural color fiber. I got both dark medium brown and white, both of which were easy to spin. I spun about 2 ounces of each then plied the two strands together. I think the result was quite pretty as well as being a more consistent thickness. Unfortunately right after I took this picture I turned my back and Pablo attacked the yarn. He sure does love that fiber. He didn't do that much damage although somehow about 4 inches were unraveled though not broken.
2 comments:
Just catching up. Cute cat. I'll start to worry when you get to 3.
wow carmen - you are getting good at that! has karrie drafted you into another sheep to shawl yet?
Post a Comment