
This is the second project I started but not sure when it will be finished. It is on size 6 needles. Again I am using the Boye's interchangeable circular aluminum needles and loving them. I am only 19 inches into the length of the scarf. It is about 5.5 inches and is curling a lot. I am using Misti DK 100% baby alpaca that I got from The West Valley Alpaca booth at Stitches West. The colors are Ocean Mist and Peony. I have four balls of yarn so hopefully this is enough. I think I will get at least 4 feet easily.
I am using moss stitch which is a four row repeat of
row 1: p1 k1 repeat until end of row. You should have an odd number of stitches to end on a purl
row 2: k entire row
row 3: k1 p1 repeat until end of row. You should end on a knit this time
row 4: k entire row
Repeat until desire length.
This pattern isn't really reversible but is interesting on both the front and the backside. I really like it but it is taking a lot of time.
In detail the front looks like this.

The wrongside of the scarf looks like this.

On the wrongside there is the interesting line. I figured out (thanks to Karrie) that I had been twisting all the knit stitches so this line is the opposite direction of the way it should be. Switching back to normal knit stitches halfway through a stripe created this interest V on the wrongside.
No comments:
Post a Comment