Thursday, March 23, 2006

Two New Scarves: Real (though fuzzy) Photos

I was knitting over at Karrie's tonight, watching the (and I am sure Karrie and Elowyn will agree) quality film, The Transporter 2.
Karrie let me borrow her camera again (Thanks Karrie!).
Here is the first (or if we are keeping track this is project four). I am calling it my brown lace scarf. Again, it is 100% pure alpaca.

I put a piece of paper behind it so you could see it a little better. Need a bigger piece of paper it looks like. I am pretty pleased. After only 2 days of knitting it is almost as long as the paper.

The next scarf I am calling the blue cable scarf (aka project 5). I am not sure if you can really see the cables on the scarf since well I can't see them very well, and I am holding it.

I didn't quite like how the single cable was looking on the scarf with variegated yarn so I decided to split it into two cables (which only used 4 stitches and flanked the trace of the 6 stitch cable) about halfway into the length. I knit some more then felt they should merge again so I brought the two of them back. I like the pattern but am not sure I choose the correct yarn for this project. It is only 6 inches long or so so I might still rip it back and try again. So perhaps I will provide an update that will have the scarf going further and perhaps I will tear it out and use a different pattern for this yarn. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

abmatic said...

you are so meticulous! this is why i am not a chemist...